USS Tamerlane

NOTE: Because of Spambot attack, new registration is temporarily disabled, Look for us on Facebook. Please use a third party image host for your pictures, space is at a premium now.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Star Trek: Skunk
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 am 
Artist: Surya

Capt. Hunt wrote:

You might want to consider toning down or removing those markings and pennants though, usually spec-ops boats paint out their identifying marks (as if it wouldn't be immediately obvious who that ship belonged to if it were sighted). If you don't want to remove them completely, I'd at least go with low-vis markings.

Given that "identifying marks" in Trek are almost certainly things like warp field signatures, sensor emissions frequencies/pulse rates/scan rates, EMR from the power systems, thermal from the life support systems, and other such things, what's actually painted on the side of the ship is kind of pointless.

Unless, of course, they've altered all that stuff so it looks like a Klingon shuttle on sensors. Then you get fun bits about it being just a bit too hot and this annoying buzz from two bits of gear being slightly out of synch... then you'd probably want to change the markings so the average person might not realise. (After all, most of my friends, not being military plane geeks, can't tell a MiG-29 from a CF-18; I'm sure the same holds true of people recognising shuttlecraft.)

Hmm, I seem to have just talked myself around to the other position. Ah, well, I'm just that persuasive! :)