USS Tamerlane

NOTE: Because of Spambot attack, new registration is temporarily disabled, Look for us on Facebook. Please use a third party image host for your pictures, space is at a premium now.
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:08 am 
Lieutenant JG

Beauregard wrote:
Hi James!

Can I just say how much I admire your work! :)

Writing and drawing a comic is an extremely challenging and daunting prospect, but one that you (and also Guy with Tamerlane) have executed with much aplomb!

I love the humourous approach you have taken with your Star Trek/Star Wars crossover storyline. I too am a fan of both franchises.

I am especially taken with your character designs and their individual personalities! The Klingon is my favourite. "Why am I with these people?!" :D

I am eagerly looking forward to the next installment.

Respects and regards.

Beau.

P.S. I like your 'Star Trekker' avatar!

Thank you very much. I've had this idea for many years, but never got myself to finally doing it until now. Now the problem is finding time to getting around to finishing one chapter in a regular time that isn't a full year. I'm almost done adding the finishing touches to Chapter 2 and drawing out Chapter 3 and finishing the script for Chapter 4. The other problem I've been having is keeping the characters appearances consistant and in a way I would like them to be, so bare with me if they look different on each page, this is a talent that is in the works.

And thank you for the appreciation for the avatar. It was a lot of work to scale it to the right size to make it fit (I wanted it for my avatar on DeviantArt but it was to much KB for it :x )

Aplomb-- n "skillful self-assurance; poise" (Fr) ["straight as a plummet"]

"I WANNA EAT WHALE!"
-Captain Aya Nakajima
USS Constellation II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 am 
Lieutenant JG

Chapter 2 is up, in the Other Fan Fiction section under Trek & Wars: Episode 1: The Great Unity. If you've read the first chapter you'd know were to look and were we last left off.

*Spoiler Warning*

Be warned of the surprise twist near the end, soon to be made clear in the following chapters.

Comment on it, but remember, I won't be giving away anything else until the next chapter.

Also, I used this chapter (and many to follow) to experiment on Photoshop coloring techniques, and I also had to reduce the quality of many of the pages so they could be uploaded to this site, so things are going to look a little different from page to page.

Enjoy :D

"I WANNA EAT WHALE!"
-Captain Aya Nakajima
USS Constellation II

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:42 am 
Lieutenant JG

Just started on Chapter 3. Finished the script for chapter 4 and started to write chapter 5.

"I WANNA EAT WHALE!"
-Captain Aya Nakajima
USS Constellation II

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm 
Author: Saladin

Looking forward to it! :)

https://www.facebook.com/StarshipSaladin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:08 am 
Lieutenant JG

Preview splash page for chapter 4.

Attachments:
The Crew of the STEP Trough-small.jpg
The Crew of the STEP Trough-small.jpg [ 143.01 KiB | Viewed 2579 times ]

"I WANNA EAT WHALE!"
-Captain Aya Nakajima
USS Constellation II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:52 pm 
Lieutenant JG

Yes, chapter 3 has been delayed sense this year started but now I'm back into it again.

"I WANNA EAT WHALE!"
-Captain Aya Nakajima
USS Constellation II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:47 pm 

Cool! Looking forward to more episodes. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm 
Lieutenant JG

I've been thinking of redoing the Episode. I think I've been putting to much into to much. Any thoughts on this?

"I WANNA EAT WHALE!"
-Captain Aya Nakajima
USS Constellation II

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:40 pm 

I would say, finish it, then make a new one that does more of what you want, or, steer this one in that direction and see if you can intercept your new intent. That's what I would do, unless it was just changing some dialogue, after all your art is done.

Your call though.

Ken :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:38 am 
Artist: Tamerlane

Location: Colorado, USA, Earth, Sol, Perseus Arm (Orion Starbridge), Virgo Supercluster
I agree with Ken. This is a growth thing, if you constantly go back and rework your previous works, you never grow to other works. Tamerlane is my "Experiment work", I'm constantly modifying it, I will be modifying it until I give up on it. That's why things change from episode to episode (Like the ship). Make this a goal of doing as much work as you can. Get as far as you can. Write as much as you can. Then look back on it fondly, smile a lot, and move on.

The only thing you have to worry about is the fans critiquing you on being inconsistent, but really, you can tell them to get a life. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next