USS Tamerlane

NOTE: Because of Spambot attack, new registration is temporarily disabled, Look for us on Facebook. Please use a third party image host for your pictures, space is at a premium now.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:21 pm 
Lieutenant JG

So, is that the Enterprise and Spock, or a different Constitution class ship and Vulcan science officer?

In any event, it's hard to go wrong with a red-head with a phazer :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the story!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:18 pm 
Artist: Nova Trek

Sorry it took so long to find this. Nova Trek tells the story of Captain Janet Tamera Kirk- (J.T.Kirk) and the crew of the FSS Enterprise- as in Federal Starship Enterprise.
In this universe, there is no United Federation of Planets. Instead, you'll find a Federal Union of Planets.
As you read the story, you'll also find that while this universe is close to TOS in many ways, there are almost as many differences. Not all of the episodes have taken place- some might later, some never will. But you can count on the fact that they didn't or won't happen in quite the same way they did in TOS.
As of this post, I'm planning on 5 books. They won't all be available here at the same time- there's simple not that much room. So, they'll be swapped out as I get them done.
I'm hoping to have the story available soon so folks can take a look at it and I hope everyone enjoys it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:47 pm 
Artist: Tamerlane

Location: Colorado, USA, Earth, Sol, Perseus Arm (Orion Starbridge), Virgo Supercluster
It's actually very cleverly done! I love the way that it is close but not quite like the original stories. Enough that I can tell exactly when these incidents occured, but the outcomes are totally different because of the twist in the plot mechanic.

I love the fact that Jan Kirk's shirt gets ripped a lot... :mrgreen:

AND... I've put the pdf up on the Tamerlane server... we'll see how hard that hits us... if it's nothing, then I'll host the others as well. :)

Which is to say; you can now go read the story :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:30 am 
Author: Saladin

M,

Again I enjoyed this very much. I liked all the twists and parallels to the Star Trek we know. All in all, this is a very interesting alternate universe, and I am looking forward to reading more. :)

Sincerely,

Ken :)

https://www.facebook.com/StarshipSaladin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:15 am 

I thank everyone for the positive responce. I've been a Trek fan for most of my life and I really wanted to add something good to it.
Right now, I'm preparing for the second story- "Guardian's Child". Still have alot of bits and pieces to put together. Hope it turns out as well as this one did.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 am 

MAJOR MOMENT!!!

"Gains and Losses" just hit the 300th view!!
(Don't know how many downloads that actually is, but I'll take it.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:26 am 

400 hits. No matter how you slice it: hits, views, downloads or computer mix-up, The Tamerlane downloads see more contacts than the other two sites combined.

Yeah!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:02 am 

Those of you that have read the "Bonus", will have noticed the misspellings. In this case, that's okay. I uploaded it exactly as it was written so you'd have a better idea of how far the story came from original form to graphic novel. I look forward to your comments on the changes I made and the bits and pieces that got cut out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 pm 

Boy. 300 views and only seven replies??? What's the point in having a discussion thread when people won't discuss anything??At this rate, there's no point in starting one for "Assignment:Yesterday" when the time comes- what would be the point?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm 
Artist: Tamerlane

Location: Colorado, USA, Earth, Sol, Perseus Arm (Orion Starbridge), Virgo Supercluster
Madison, we have a lot of lurkers.

We have some options about lurkers; we can restrict access, and thus restrict readership...

Or just accept it and go on.

Besides, some of those lurkers are likely to do the "Your comic sucks" thing if they were forced to reply, so we might be better off ;)