USS Tamerlane

NOTE: Because of Spambot attack, new registration is temporarily disabled, Look for us on Facebook. Please use a third party image host for your pictures, space is at a premium now.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:54 pm 
Artist: Nova Trek

Aabh wrote:
Madison, we have a lot of lurkers.

We have some options about lurkers; we can restrict access, and thus restrict readership...

Or just accept it and go on.

Besides, some of those lurkers are likely to do the "Your comic sucks" thing if they were forced to reply, so we might be better off ;)

I know. But it's still disappointing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm 
Author: Saladin

mdbruffy wrote:
Boy. 300 views and only seven replies??? What's the point in having a discussion thread when people won't discuss anything??At this rate, there's no point in starting one for "Assignment:Yesterday" when the time comes- what would be the point?

I've been on overtime at work for a few days and chillin' on my brief time off, so I haven't had much time lately. Fear not, I will be reading it soon. :)

Ken

https://www.facebook.com/StarshipSaladin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 pm 

Saladin_CO wrote:
mdbruffy wrote:
Boy. 300 views and only seven replies??? What's the point in having a discussion thread when people won't discuss anything??At this rate, there's no point in starting one for "Assignment:Yesterday" when the time comes- what would be the point?

I've been on overtime at work for a few days and chillin' on my brief time off, so I haven't had much time lately. Fear not, I will be reading it soon. :)

Ken

I don't mean just the Bonus Story, Ken. I'm talking about all the fanfiction discussion threads. Seems like - and this seems to be the case in other situations out in the world as well- that only a limited number of people choose to take part. You, me, Guy, VE, Celticarchie, and a very few more seem to be it- and we know from the view count- even if it is inaccurate- that there's alot more pople out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:10 pm 
Author: Saladin

Oh, I've felt very lonely on occasion, after putting a lot of my heart into a tale and having crickets be the only response. I know what you mean.

I suggest letting your friends read it and talk about it. Most of them will be honest, either way, but at least you'll get some personal feedback. I was fortunate last year to show off some of my stories in the works to guys and gals at Phase 2 "Kitumba" camp, and I got a lot of positive feedback, which really made me feel good, but it is a lot of work sometimes to get people to even read anything, much less take time to respond, even if they like it.

Keep on Trekkin' my friend. People do enjoy it.

Ken

https://www.facebook.com/StarshipSaladin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:18 pm 
Artist: Surya

Y'know, I really thought I'd put something in this thread... this is the comic's thread, and not prose, right? (I just can't manage to read the prose stories, I don't know why, given that I read about 100 - 150 pages a day normally.)

But at this point I'll need to re-read it before I can say anything useful.

Also keep this in mind: as a rule, people are 10 times more likely to say something when they dislike a thing than when they like it. So a lot of views, and silence, can be construed as general approval.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm 

Vagabond Elf wrote:

Also keep this in mind: as a rule, people are 10 times more likely to say something when they dislike a thing than when they like it. So a lot of views, and silence, can be construed as general approval.

That's true too I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 pm 
Artist: Tamerlane

Location: Colorado, USA, Earth, Sol, Perseus Arm (Orion Starbridge), Virgo Supercluster
You know, Davyd's right, I do the exact same thing! I just can't read prose easily... I don't know why but I think it's because over my life the majority of Star Trek fan prose has been junk... I think I might have some stupid bias I hadn't actually thought about until now! :shock:

Since it's only been recently that there has been more comics, I don't come into it naturally biased, so I read everything.

Weird.

Okay, I love your writing, so I'm going to go back and read it (But I have to be up in 6 hours, so I'm going to hit the hay tonight :D)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:25 pm 

Good news to perk up this thread. "Gains and Losses" just hit 800! :)