USS Tamerlane

NOTE: Because of Spambot attack, new registration is temporarily disabled, Look for us on Facebook. Please use a third party image host for your pictures, space is at a premium now.
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Trek Online
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 pm 
Lieutenant JG

I just downloaded and signed into ST-Online. My name there is Soshtek, the great grandson of Captain Serek of the current TOS era. I am still a cadet at the moment as I need to jump in and play the bloody thing. For those macintosh users out there, it is finally available and looks great on my iMac.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:03 pm 
Author: Saladin

Awesome! You should also create Serek and the Intrepid. You can create multiple characters.

Also, a new fleet insentive is online. The MIRROR UNIVERSE INVASION has begun! If we all play we can build our fleet starbase up very quickly.

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/s ... il/3037153

https://www.facebook.com/StarshipSaladin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:15 pm 
Ensign

Welcome to STO, 'Soshtek, grandson of Serek'. It's fantastic to have another Tamerlane member in-game ! :D

If you need any advice, assistance with missions, or gear for your character and ship, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Ken or myself. We are always happy to help out a fellow 'Tamerlaneite' where ever we can. Just send a PM to @Beauregard-UK, I'm on most evenings from about 21.00hrs GMT, often until the wee hours of the following morning! And of course, you are more than welcome to join the 'Taskforce Tamerlane' Fleet on STO, should you wish to?

As Ken mentioned, there is a special Event on right now. Yes, the 'Goatees of Evil' (The dastardly, whisker-twirling, Terran Empire from the Mirror Universe!), have initiated a major invasion of Federation space! They are attempting to establish an invasion 'beach head' in the strategically important Vauthil system, utilising new 'inter-spatial rift' technology and a powerful new warship! If you and your fellow starship captains are successful in repelling their attack, you earn dilithium, Marks of your choice, and a Terran Empire artefact. Also, if you can play the mission once a day, for 14 days (during the 21 day Event period), and collect a Terran Empire artefact, each time, you can then complete a special project to earn a massive 50,000 Dilithium, 500 Fleet Marks, a pack of 250 Marks (of your choice), and a Very Rare Mirror Universe Duty Officer for your ship! :twisted:

There might be a slight problem however? I think you have to be a level 50 player (Vice Admiral) in order to run the mission? I'm not positive about this, but if you check the 'PvE Queue' (where you join these missions) and 'Mirror Universe Invasion' is not listed! Then alas, you may not be able to participate on this particular occasion. But do not be down-hearted, there is still LOADS you can do in the game, even if you're just a cadet. :D

Okies. Once again; welcome aboard Soshtek, and we look forward to seeing you in-game!

Regards.
Beau :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:06 am 
Ensign

"We have met the enemy, and he is us !" (Well, 'us' ....with goatees!) ;)

Yesterday, I managed to get my 'Taskforce Tamerlane' Fleet character ('Audacious Officer') to the lofty height of Vice Admiral level 50, so that he could battle his 'evil twin' in the 'Mirror Universe Invasion' Event. It was well worth the effort. Emerging triumphant from a multitude of confrontations with the Terran Empire over the weekend, I accumulated sufficient resources to finish off 5 of our Fleet projects (which are now ticking-down to completion) !

I hope to repeat this process, whenever I can, over the next 17 days of the Event. With a bit of luck, as Ken pointed out, it should greatly accelerate development on our Fleet's Starbase, Dilithium Mine, Embassy, and Dyson Sphere Spire !

And now, I must bid you adieu, and return to the fray !

Regards.
Beau :D

N.B. Although we now have some vacant slots for new projects on our various Fleet facilities, I have not allocated fresh projects to fill them, as I feel we should finish the current projects first, before adding more. Otherwise we run the risk of spreading our limited resources over too many projects at the same time, and thereby not completing any of them in a timely fashion. I think the most efficient approach would be to complete one tier at a time of a Fleet asset (be it Starbase, Embassy, Mine, or Spire), before moving onto the next asset. Right now, I think the Starbase is closest to completion of tier 1, so I plan to only create fresh projects for that particular holding for the time being.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:33 am 
Ensign

Tamerlane Fleet Starbase progress update.

Over the last 4 evenings, I have managed to complete 19 projects for the various Fleet facilities, giving priority to the Starbase.

I am pleased to report that the 'Starbase Tier 1 Upgrade' project has now consequently been unlocked, and I have allocated it to one of the vacant slots. Once this major upgrade is completed it will radically improve the Fleet Starbase, both visually, and more importantly provide new facilities (mail, ship access, advanced [Ultra Rare] equipment stores, and common Duty Officer requisitions, amongst other amenities).

There is also another Upgrade Project that has subsequently become available; to construct a 'Fleet Transwarp Conduit', which will enable instantaneous travel to the Fleet Starbase from anywhere in the STO universe ! (No more arduous travel to get there via sector space.)

Unfortunately, I am no longer able to complete any further projects, as I have now completely run out of Dilithium ! The Starbase upgrade requires 64,800 Dilithium, and the Transwarp Conduit needs 15,750 Dilithium. So, if any of you guys have some Dilithium you could contribute, it would prevent the Starbase progress from grinding to a halt, and would be most gratefully received !

Regards.
Beau :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:41 pm 
Ensign

Ken and I teamed-up last night to do some missions to earn some Dilithium for the Fleet construction projects. We managed to obtain enough Dilithium to complete a further two projects, but we still need MORE to finish the big Starbase Tier 1 construction project.

Ken suggested that I post a brief guide on how to obtain Dilithium in the game for lower-ranking Federation characters. So here we go:

Dilithium Farming for Feds (lower-level).

At lower levels the options to earn Dilithium are much more limited than they are for max level (Lvl 50) characters. That being said, there are still some easy and effective ways for lower level characters to earn Dilithium relatively quickly.

The 'Explore Strange New Worlds' daily mission (obtained from Lieutenant Grall in the 'Available' missions tab), rewards you with 1440 Dilithium when completed. If you select a low-level cluster (like Delta Volanis) to do it in, it is relatively speedy and simple.

The 'Asteroid Mining' daily mission (obtained from Isihl in the 'Available' missions tab), rewards you with up to 1,000 Dilithium when completed. It starts at the 'Vlugta Asteroid Field' in the Beta Ursa (DS 9) Sector Block, and takes about 10 minutes to do. (You will need an environmental suit for your character).

PvE Fleet missions; 'Breaking the Planet', 'Gorn Minefield', 'Klingon Scoutforce', and 'Starbase 24' (all available through the 'PvE Queue') reward 480 Dilithium each. 1,920 Dilithium total if you complete all four.

PvP Arenas; 'Keeping your Enemies at Bay' and 'Ending Enemy Expansion' obtained from Captain Mackenzie Calhoun, plus 'Salvaged Relationships In the Neutral Zone' from Commander Makza (all found in the 'Available' missions tab) each give out 480 Dilithium. 1440 Dilithium total for all three.

The 'History 102: Alpha Quadrant Midterm' daily mission obtained from Commander Viala at the Starfleet Academy (she's in the domed building nearest the Bay) takes only a couple of minutes (providing you know your STO Lore, OR can look up the test answers online) and gives you 480 Dilithium.

For those players who have characters at Level 11 and above, you have the Duty Officer assignments, which reward 5 Dilithium each (and even up to 125 Dilithium with a 'critical' success), upon successful completion. You can do up to 20 of these assignments at a time, and there are a few of these Duty Officer assignments that can be MOST lucrative regarding Dilithium ! Specifically:

'Turn Over Confiscated Contraband' (the Duty Officer assignment for which can be obtained from the Caitian Security Officer on Earth Space Dock) will give you a massive 2,000 Dilithium for giving him 5 Contraband commodities. These Contraband commodities are available as rewards from the Duty Officer assignments; 'Confiscate Contraband from Crew' (obtained periodically from your 'Personal' duty officer assignments tab), 'Debrief Prisoner' and 'Inspect Civilian Freighter' (obtained periodically from your 'Sector' duty officer assignments tab). Contraband is only awarded for these last two upon a 'crtical' success.

'Relocate Colonists', and 'Transport Settlers' (obtained periodically from your 'Sector' duty officers assignments tab) each give out 500 Dilithium in exchange for 5 'Colonists'. The rarer 'Grant Passage to Colonists' duty officer assignment also gives out 500 Dilithium in exchange for 5 colonists, but will reward 1,500 Dilithium upon a 'critical' success.

Finally, we have the rare 'Deliver Prototype Technology to Allies in the Gamma Quadrant' assignment which rewards 1,000 Dilithium, and 4,000 Dilithium upon a 'critical' success !

It is quite feasible to easily earn enough Dilithium to satisfy the 8,000 daily refining limit, even if you are only a lowly Lieutenant.

Happy Dilithium gathering ! :)

Beau.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:52 pm 
Ensign

Tamerlane Fleet Starbase progress update #2.

I am extremely pleased to report that the Tier 1 upgrade for the Fleet Starbase has now been filled, and is counting down to completion. :)

Many thanks to all those who made this possible with their generous contributions of Dilithium and other resources. :D

An additional 3 other projects have also been completed, for the Fleet mine, and the Fleet Dyson Sphere spire.

This means we can now concentrate on our other two vital construction projects. Namely; the Transwarp Conduit, and the Starbase Fabricator Facility. Again, any assistance to help complete these, would be most appreciated ! :D

In other news:

STO is running its annual 'First Contact Day'/'Day of Honour' celebratory events (along with a new 'Republic Day' for Romulan player characters). Each event consists of a mini-mission, with a unique faction-specific reward, as well as a daily reward (per player account) of either 1440 Dilithium or 10 Lobi crystals. These events run until 10 am PST, Monday 7th April.

Next weekend (10-14 April) will be a 'Duty Officer Appreciation' weekend. Which will increase by 50% any Duty Officer Commendation experience points earnt during the aforementioned dates, and also give players the opportunity to earn bonus Duty Officers.

This in turn will lead into a 'Bonus Experience Week' event (14-21 April), during which any skill or expertise points earned, will be doubled ! A perfect opportunity to level-up characters quickly !

Last (but by NO MEANS least!) STO's Season 9 Expansion; 'A New Accord', is still on schedule for release at the end of this month. This latest update to the game ramps-up the Undine (Species 8472) threat considerably! Following the events of the last Featured Episode, the Undine have decided to bring out their big guns, with elite Undine ships and soldiers pouring into the Alpha Quadrant, along with their horrifying 'planet killers'! :shock:

The Expansion will comprise a new Featured Episode, an Undine space battlezone, and an Undine ground battlezone. As well as 'Undine Assault' Fleet missions, to save various strategically important planets from obliteration by the Undine 'planet killers'.

The Expansion will also provide a whole host of technical upgrades to the game. Including, amongst other things; 'customisable kits' for tactical, engineering, and science specialities, an entirely revamped ESD social zone/map, and new head and complexion options for characters.

More information will be provided, as and when it becomes available. ;)

Beau.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 pm 

Thanks for the guide sir! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:37 am 
Ensign

Star Trek Online's annual 'Summer Event' on Risa started yesterday (Thurs 5th June), and will continue for 42 days until 17th July. :D

In addition to the activities (that were made available last year), Cryptic have added a TON of new ones as well ! :o

'Powerboarding' utilises repulsor lift surfboards (with a micro ion engine for propulsion) to skim across the ocean and inland rivers at high speeds. There are also player races (twice each hour) with special rewards. Players are able to choose from a selection of 14 different boards.

'Sand Sculpture Building' is a mini-game where you can create elaborate sculptures on the beach using sand. There is a special building period each hour with additional rewards.

You can now also raise 'Risian Feathered Monkeys' (in addition to the tropical birds), which come in a multitude of exotic varieties. You earn tags (from the powerboard races) to raise these simian pets through special Duty Officer assignments.

You can also now obtain Risian Duty Officers for your crew. They come in 'rare' and 'very rare' categories, and can be obtained by achieving the various exploration accolades on Risa.

New 'swimwear' clothing has been made available for player characters. There are 14 different designs in total, for both male and female characters.

There are 3 new colour choices for the jetpacks (which can be used to fly around the resort, and for the 'Flying High' challenge).

Finally, there is a NEW Risian starship (the 'Luxury Cruiser'), which can be acquired by earning the Risian Pearls (the daily 'Flying High' challenge rewards each character that completes it with 40 pearls). You require 1,000 Pearls to obtain your FIRST Luxury Cruiser on one character, but then only 40 Pearls are required to get this ship for any subsequent characters on the same account. This 'reduced grind option' also applies to the 'Risian Corvette' starship from last year's Summer Event (which is available again this year).

Most of the contacts and stores for the above activities and items can be found in and around the new 'Promenade' facility on the east coast of the island resort.

Have a great vacation everyone ! :)
Beau.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:36 pm 

I started the Risa mission last night, but didn't have time to do much besides get there. And I was out of town today. But Sunday I plan to go on vacation. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next